Important information you need to know before attending class.To download the forms click here.
COVID Safety Precautions:
- You must bring your own helmet; loaner helmets will not be available.
- To eliminate unnecessary handling of paper at class, please complete the 4 forms and bring them to class (along with your online course completion certificate). To download the forms click here.
- Please bring a copy of your license to eliminate unnecessary handling of your license at class.
- You must wear a mask to class. Extra masks and other PPE will be available on site.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed in the classroom and on the range.
- Classroom and motorcycles will be sanitized after each use.
- If you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, do not come to class. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will follow up with you regarding options.
The 2020 Learn 2 Ride Motorcycle Safety Courses are now open for registration. Choose the course that's right for you!
- Two courses are offered through this website: Basic RiderCourse Beginner and Basic RiderCourse Intermediate.
- If you are interested in the Basic RiderCourse Skills Practice, the Advanced RiderCourse, or the 3-Wheel RiderCourse, please click here.
- All course participants are required to read the Learn 2 Ride brochure prior to registering to prepare and inform themselves of all course requirements.
- Failure to read and understand the information in the brochure before registering could result in forfeiture of a course seat and course fee.
- Both Motorcycle Safety Foundation training courses below qualify for the NYS DMV Road Test Waiver. Both also require you to take the MSF eCourse prior to your in-person class at MCC. You must have a valid driver’s license to participate.
- (1) The Basic RiderCourse Beginner is a 2-day rider training program for those with very little or no experience in riding a motorcycle. Motorcycles are provided for this combination online, classroom and hands-on rider training program.
- (2) The Basic RiderCourse Intermediate is a 1-day motorcycle rider training program for permitted riders who have a valid NYS Motorcycle Permit and have 30 hours of riding experience that includes 10 hours in heavy traffic. You will use your own street legal motorcycle for this combination online, classroom and hands-on rider training program. Not available to Junior Operators.
- Mandatory Online (eCourse) Prerequisite You are required by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation to take their Basic eCourse before attending the Basic RiderCourse Beginner or the Basic RiderCourse Intermediate classroom/range sessions at Monroe Community College. See page 3 of the 2020 Learn 2 Ride brochure for information on how to access the eCourse.