This program prepares individuals for entry-level work as customer service and help desk professionals in the desktop services and applications domain. It is designed to give participants hands-on experience in developing skills in areas such as installing, maintaining, supporting, and troubleshooting hardware components; deploying desktop operating systems and applications; deploying and maintain networking protocols and topologies; and designing desktop and network security. Participants are also prepared to sit for CompTIA Network+ and A+ certifications.
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002) covering the following new content:
• Demonstrate baseline security skills for IT support professionals
• Configure device operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, Android and iOS and administer client-based as well as cloud-based (SaaS) software
• Troubleshoot and problem solve core service and support challenges while applying best practices for documentation, change management, and scripting
• Support basic IT infrastructure and networking
• Configure and support PC, mobile and IoT device hardware
• Implement basic data backup and recovery methods and apply data storage and management best practices
Click here for the course syllabus.
Pre-requisites: There are no formal pre-requisites for this course. However, it is a demanding hands-on course and the ideal student is someone who likes to problem solve, "tinker" with any kind of hardware (e.g. cell phones, automotive or plumbing equipment) and is interested in a career in IT systems administration and support.
Looking for tuition assistance? Qualified Monroe County residents may be eligible for funding. Visit www.workforceforward.com/mpower to learn more.
Register for upcoming Informational Webinars: Click here sign up for the PC Network Technician Webinar.